Saturday, August 18, 2007

Speaking in church!!

So....I have to speak in church tomorrow!! Of course I am waiting until the last moment to prepare it. I am also kicking myself for waiting until the last moment. I am such a procrastinator. I feel as if I do my best work under pressure. I am sure that is not true. I went for years without speaking, and now I am giving my second talk in a year. I some how need to start flying under the radar!! I think it is time for a move, where no one knows me. I just get so nervous...my voice gets shaky and I tend to talk too fast. For the love...whats a girl to do. By the way I should totally be working on my talk right now, but this is such a good distraction...back to work!! Wish me luck!!!

PS....I am also subbing for the choir director so I will be attempting to hold choir practice tomorrow and I am subbing for the primary chorister tomorrow...as if I don't have enough to worry about.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I love it that you are speaking in church. I wish I could be there. They made me talk last week after we got back from camp. I am so excited for you and the girl that got baptised. Wow, that is amazing. She sounds like a neat girl, I'm sure being around you helped a ton. You are an awesome example for the girls! How are you? What is going on? If you need a vacation you are always welcome to come and stay for a while! You should come out here for a few weeks. I'll give you some work while you are here, it could totally pay for your trip and it would be super fun! We could drive down to Utah and visit everyone. Well, I love you! Keep up the blogging, I love it!

co•lin fam•i•ly said...

What was your topic? I am sad I am missing your talk... FYI, if you move and (1) Bishop Rasmussen gets wind of your move you'll be asked to speak again and (2) when you move into the new ward the new Bishop will have you speak there also! So maybe you should just stay put ;)!

Lisa Danielson said...

Oh Kimm-- You say yes way too much! Good luck on your talk. Since I have been teaching in RS the public speaking nerves have subsided. I bet you'll do great!!

beersfamily said...

Kimm, I don't think I've ever heard someone give a "shout out" to their brother in a talk! You're funny.