Wednesday, January 30, 2008

So Call Me Grandma!!!!!!

As some of you know I am not a fan of the snow or a fan of driving in it. That has mainly to do with a major spin out Thanksgiving of 06. Of course I pick a great time to move to Idaho, right before winter hits and from what I am hearing it is the worst winter in 20 years. It just won't stop. The roads have been really bad, they don't take care of them like they do in Utah. So this is where the Grandma part comes in..I have noticed that I drive really slow 20 or below and my hands constantly at 10 and 2, sometimes they cramp. Lets just be honest no one drives at 10 and 2 these days..it's just not cool. Good thing I only have to go a mile or 2 to work. I go the same way everyday, I know the ok spots in the road and then the not so ok spots in the road, I am pathetic. Oh and I totally got passed by a Grandpa the other day...what has gotten into me. I am ready for spring..or 35 degrees...I will take either one. You know it's sad when you are praying for weather in the 30's! I am ready for some warmth!!!

6 comments:

Team Hanni said...

Hi Grandma,

I'm with you on letting the old grandmas pass me. I hate this weather, I hate to drive in it, and Idaho is the absolute armpit of humanity when it comes to taking care of snow on the roads.

Sorry you had to experience the worst part about this blessed state for soooooooo long and soooooo bad this year.

Seriously what on earth does the sand do, I think it makes it worse. I will be doing back hand springs when spring finally comes. ok, maybe not - but it will be so much better.

Erin said...

I hereby testify that this is true, in fact, two weeks ago Scott and I were driving and Scott started complaining about the driver in front of us. I quietly pointed out that the driver in front of us was his dear cousin Kimm. This brought him to a laughing roar and when we passed her, her hands were just where she said...at 10 & 2. GRANDMA Yes! But SAFE too!

Lisa Danielson said...

I am so the same way!! I swear people have lost their common sense when it comes to driving in the snow--hence mulitple accidents every day in ut. you go grandma

Brandon and Amber said...

You make me laugh! Love you Kimmi!:)

Ang said...

I hearby testify that Kimm is absolutely the slowest Grandma on the road, even in good weather! Ha. AND she has always been like that. Probably the reason why I, the younger sister, got my license first!

Kimm said...

Thanks for throwing that in my face...who has the better driving record..pretty sure it is me!!