Friday, October 10, 2008

My First Canning Experience...

Those who know me know that I love pickles. I can eat a whole jar in one sitting. It is out of control. My Aunt when I was little would make all different kinds of pickles, I loved the hot ones, but I love canned pickles. So My sister-n-law Jana is the canning queen. She and my brother can everything. They grew some pickling cucumbers (not sure if their are different then the regular you grow) and they gave some to me to can. So Jana taught me how to do it..it was quite fun, probably because I didn't have to cut or peel anything. So it was quite easy. I was able to get 5 jars. I started with 6 and the pressure cooker broke one. Anyways..can't wait to try them on November 1st. Jana had to put a date on them because she knew I would probably eat them right away.
Thanks Rana!!!

No comments: